Saturday, February 8, 2014

Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base in Green Review

Hey guys happy Sat-night
So,this is my 1st post on February.
Sorry I'm kinda late it's just my cousins came to Medan and I'm quite lazy too to turn on my computer ,seriously :|
So now I'm going to post a review from Etude House's product, Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base in Green!
Yes it's kinda of wayyy too old product.It's from their Sweet Recipe line.
Actually I wish I got the jar version since it's really cuttteeeee, but it has discontinued and came with tube version. The good thing is it's more hygienic,since I heard the jar version doesn't include a spatula,but don't know some who bought it found a spatula inside OAO jackpot maybe?
So I've been drooling and searching which shade is suitable for me?Since it came in peach,berry,and green color.
The peach one is for people with yellow dull skin tone.It helps in brightening your face to make it more 'alive'
The berry one is for people with pale skin
The green one is for people with skin problems/imperfections such as redness,acne scars,etc
So being a girl with flaw-full face (well not the whole face but it's so bad in one certain spot) I decided to pick the green one. Check it out

1.The front box
2.The top












3.The side of the box
4.Ingredients list (click to zoom). The product is good to use for 18months after you open it
5.The tube

6.The manufacture date
7.Twisted/screw cap. I ever mistaken it as a pull off cap and trying hard to pull it. LOL stupid me!
Lucky it doesn't break (yet) !
8.So this red spot is the sample to show how well this base makeup can cover imperfections
Lucky I got one mosquito's bite on my hand for sample, red, you can make it as a substitute for pimple! LOL /slap

9.Splat some cream on the right
10.Zoom! Sorry for wrong rotation ;b
As you can see it's quite runny watery,but believe me when I first tried it,it's almost like my Dear Girls BB Cream (read the review here ) just a little bit more watery,but this is wayyy too watery and I don't know since when it turns out like that and it's easily burst out from the tube!

11.Blended!
12.Tap a little bit more on the spot with a little bit of the base (2layer)
13.Tap some more! (3layer)
















You can see the coverage is quite amazing,medium to full. If you don't have many imperfections,you can wear this base alone,and this base contains decent SPF of 25!
But if you want to apply bb cream after I suggest don't put this base too much since you will cover more with your bb cream later or else it'll look cakey and fake flawless face.You know what I mean?
The downside is if you have dry skin,this might be a troublesome product since it enhances dry patches and make it look really visible. You can remove your dry patches with peeling/scrub and splat a lot of moisturizer and wait for a moment then you can apply this to avoid those cracking face.Just remember you must not apply the base directly after you put on moisturizer because your face is still too wet and make the base runny and can't set properly,but don't wait for it to really fully absorbed (dry) since it'll still show the dry patches (even it's lesser than without peeling etc) and hard to blend on those areas and uneven skin tone finish.
For you who have normal-oily skin this product is good to you. It leaves skin with matte finish with quite good oil control.
This base has scent that I can't describe,first sniff is lovely but a little bit longer makes me sick and want to puke ! (But that depends on who sniff it too).But don't worry the scent will disappear for a moment after you put this on your face!
Honestly this is not my regular makeup,I would use this if my face is really on the bad moment but after some trial I can avoid those 'scars' but my skin is really dry since I used Etude House AC Clinic trial (read the review here and second thought here ) and uneven skin tone so later on I barely use this . I use this (until now) less than 5 times only!Such a waste of my money

And also I notice my face feels 'heavier' after I put this on. Just not really comfortable with it

So let's go to the conclusion shall we?

PROS:
1. Contains SPF25
2. Medium-full coverage
3. Hygienic since it comes in a tube
4. This base has 3 shades to choose depends on your skin
5. Decent oil control

CONS:
1  Enhance dry patches
2. The smell
3. Heavy feeling on the face

RATINGS:


3 out of 5 stars

REPURCHASE?
No. I barely use this product what makes me think to buy another tube?

Who Might Like It?
*People who need more coverage
*People with normal-oily skin/no dry cracking face


So,what do you think?Have you tried this product??What is your favorite base?
Do share









No comments:

Post a Comment