Friday, March 14, 2014

Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Eyeliner Pen Review - Edited Twice

Sooo...hey guys! This is my first eyeliner and holika holika post
First of all I'm sorry I don't have swatches on my eyes. Can't get the right position,ugly eyes,bad lighting,don't know how to pose lol /slap
So I'm not good at applying-eye-makeup-thingy so looking for a liquid,brush pen type thingy. And looking for Korean products,it's quite hard to find the packaging like what I want,and quite pricey. So when I saw this I immediately grab this without thinking twice like my customer did (my customer bought this too) and my customer loves it! She said it's easy to apply. So what about me?
Well first,I want to introduce the background first. It's Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Eyeliner Pen. Claims to be water and smudgeproof. And looking at the name "Wonder" , I guess it accentuates the Wonder-ful result of this eyeliner. So does it lives up the claims?
Let's check it out!
1. The simple bold black packing with yellow-gold text and witch logo
2. The brush. The look looks like felt type but trust me,it's not! It's very soft and easy to follow curves not like felt type /what
3. The black pigment is so-so not so bold black,but buildable. You can make thin or thick lines easily (not for me,since I have folded lids on 1 side,and I never use eye makeup before)
4. Waterproof check! I put my hand on running tap, no rubbing,and it starts to fade. Can you see the thin lines have gone?
5. Smudgeproof check! So I rub it,not really hard while my hand's still wet,and it fades! And I ever wore this on my hang out day once,and it smudge on my quite oily lids and when I blink,there's a copy line on my upper lids -______-
6. Testing how it can be easily cleanse/not with my 2 makeup remover
Left : The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
Right : Bifesta Cleansing Lotion in Moist
7.One swipe only
Can you see which one cleanses well?











So,I don't know is something wrong with this eyeliner or the remover,since I tried Bifesta and still leaves black shadow cast,and I don't experience it when I tried my mom's cheap eyeliner. And I can't give exact info it comes from the eyeliner/remover since I don't have a lot of this kind of product so can't compare it.
This thing bothers me very much,since I'm not a pro on applying eyeliner,and keep to erase and fix it again,and it leaves this kind of cast,and final result like someone had hit me on the eyes. Rub it hard but the cast is hardly to disappear. Damn -_-

So,let's move on to the conclusions

PROS:
1. Thin brush
2. Adjustable,buildable for thin and thick lines
3. Easy to use with the pen type packaging

CONS:
1. Not really bold black
2. Not waterproof
3. Not smudgeproof
4. Leaves black shadow cast when removing it,like a tattoo. it might be a good thing so it doesn't look completely gone since it's not waterproof when you're still outside,but it's troublesome when you're about to clean it up,and it kinda creep me out
5. Doesn't dry really fast
6. Not really easy to smudge it well (for makeup style,not smudging because it's not long lasting)
7. Price is quite fair,but it doesn't worth with the quality,such a waste

WHO MIGHT LIKE IT:
1. A beginner in eyeliner thing,since it's quite easy to apply

RATINGS:


2 out of 5 stars

WILL I REPURCHASE?
No. there's wayyy more better product than this with fair price. Just bought one from Kiss Me on my last mini haul , but haven't use it,since I'm too lazy. I have been absent from practicing to apply eyeliner,since I have folded lids on one side that keeps making my eyes look ugly overall,and bought eyelid glue and tape,start to practice using the glue but it's hard like hell and it hurts (for me). Hopefully can master it soon,and then continue to eye makeup practice

So,ever used this?What is your favorite eyeliner?
Do share

No comments:

Post a Comment